An internship at TEL is a great opportunity for a student to gain valuable experience while engaging in technically challenging projects that provide value by advancing our technology. This opening is for an intern position supporting multiphysics simulations for chemical reactors used for the deposition of semiconductor thin films. The position requires full-time commitment for summer 2022 at our Austin, Texas headquarters. Computational simulations are routinely performed to develop and improve TEL's thin film technology processes and equipment. These simulations require specialized computational resources and employ multiphysics simulations which include mass transport, heat transfer and chemistry. The candidate may also assist with some fundamental scientific research by conducting technical searches in peer review journals.
* Use CAD software to build and mesh solid models
* Set up, run, and analyze computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations using ANSYS Fluent and other in-house software
* Create new or modify existing C code snippets that couple with simulations
* Research engineering issues and topics in semiconductor manufacturing, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), and CFD simulations.
* Develop and maintain appropriate documentation as required
* Train other users to any changes in code or operational procedures.
* Conduct data analysis, generate statistics and write reports
* Create presentation materials and present in a structured meeting environment
* Minimum completion of two years' worth of coursework towards a four-year degree or currently pursuing a Master or PhD degree in a STEM field.
* Knowledge of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) in general is required, course(s) taken in CFD are highly desirable. Experience or university course(s) taken in molecular dynamics and/or quantum chemistry are a plus.
* Experience with Linux operating systems is required.
* Experience with a programming language such as C/C++, Fortran or Python are desired but not required. Other additional programming languages, scripting, and GUI programming are a plus.
* Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skill
* Comfortable in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the ability to work independently for brief periods
* Sitting for extended periods of time
* Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Tokyo Electron America, Inc.